The Centre for Advanced Learning (CAL) is excited to bring you The Aged Care Sector for Dietitians Evergreen course - Module 5: Community - at home care.
Audience: this course is designed for dietitians with 1 – 3 years’ experience in practice. This course can also be used as a refresher if you are returning to practice within this area.
- Explain the different types of care at home services
- Apply and understand the terms and principles of 'wellness and reablement', 'restorative care' and 'consumer directed care'
- Understand the quality requirements for at home care
- Understand the difference between formal and informal carers and their role in supporting nutrition care
- Understand the impact of socioeconomic burden and functional decline on nutrition status
- Identify the aged care team for the older person and other services in the community to support the nutritional needs of the older person
This module is the fifth of 6 modules in The Aged Care Sector for Dietitians Evergreen course. The aim of this module is to provide an overview of an APDs role when providing care to older people living independently in their own home.
Access to the course: new registrants will be automatically uploaded to the Learning Management System (LMS). Instructions for accessing the course will be included in the order confirmation email. Registrants will have access to the course for 12 months from their enrolment date.
Format: Evergreen courses are entirely online and self-paced.
CPD hours: this module is worth 5 CPD hours.
Note: individual modules do not qualify for a Professional Certificate. Professional Certificates are awarded to those who complete the full course only.
Purchase options: we offer flexible registration options for this course. You can choose to register for the full course package (which includes all 6 modules), or you can register for individual modules that are relevant to you.
This registration page is for Module 5: Community - at home care only. To register for the full course, please use The Aged Care Sector for Dietitians full course package registration page
Pricing: Dietitians Australia members $125 | Non-members $175
By registering for this course you are stating that you agree to the Terms and Conditions
Discounted member price:
You could save: