The Centre for Advanced Learning (CAL) is excited to bring you the Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery Evergreen course - Module 2: Bariatric procedures.
Audience: this course is designed for dietitians with 1 – 3 years’ experience in practice. This course can also be used as a refresher if you are returning to practice within this area.
- Interpret the nutritional and health outcomes of four common bariatric surgeries in Australia; Adjustable Band Gastrectomy/Lap-band, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Mini gastric bypass
- Describe the newly endorsed procedure, the single anastomosis duodenal-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy (SADI-S), currently performed in Australia and worldwide
- List bariatric devices currently used worldwide
- Explain possible gastrointestinal, hormonal, metabolic, and patient characteristic-related short- and long-term implications of bariatric surgery
- Explain possible surgical and medical-related complications of bariatric surgery
This module is the second of 6 modules in the Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery Evergreen course. The aim of this module is to provide detail on the common bariatric surgery procedures in Australia and worldwide, including their classification, patient selection criteria, expected outcomes, implications, and possible complications.
Access to the course: new registrants will be automatically uploaded to the Learning Management System (LMS). Instructions for accessing the course will be included in the order confirmation email. Registrants will have access to the course for 12 months from their enrolment date.
Format: Evergreen courses are entirely online and self-paced.
CPD hours: this module is worth 3 CPD hours.
Note: individual modules do not qualify for a Professional Certificate. Professional Certificates are awarded to those who complete the full course only.
Purchase options: we offer flexible registration options for this course. You can choose to register for the full course package (which includes all 6 modules), or you can register for individual modules that are relevant to you.
This registration page is for Module 2: Bariatric procedures only. To register for the full course, please use the Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery full course package registration page
Pricing: Dietitians Australia members $75 | Non-members $105
By registering for this course you are stating that you agree to the Terms and Conditions
Discounted member price:
You could save: